Thursday, August 31, 2006

Kansas, Here We Come!

Tonight Matt, Lilly, Mom, Ann and I are taking the 14-hour drive to Kansas to spend time with family over Labor Day. We can't wait to go! Every year, the entire Lilly side of the family (my mom's paternal side) goes to Camp Mary Dell in Abilene, KS for a couple days. We've been doing this for as long as I can remember. We spend the weekend sleeping in cabins, playing games, playing lots of volleyball and ping-pong and just hanging out. I've been able to go a number of times in the last 10 years, but this is Mom and Ann's first time back to Camp Mary Dell since we moved away from Kansas in 1989.

We'll also be spending a lot of time at my Grandma & Grandpa Lilly's place in Mentor. The sunrise photos that I've posted show the view from their back yard. The other photo is one I took of Mentor (yes, that's pretty much the whole town there). I took all the photos last Christmas. I hope I'll have time to take more during this trip.
Well, I am in the process of packing up the van (babies need lots of stuff when you're traveling!) and we'll head out after Matt & Ann get off work tonight. I'm sure I'll have pictures up late next week when we get back, so see you then!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Have fun and be careful driving! Love you!!! - Jessie :)