Monday, January 08, 2007

We Found A House!!!!!

After nearly 6 months of searching, walking through about 75 houses, spending countless hours online reading listings, Matt & I FINALLY found a house last Saturday! God provides!
So, here's the cool thing...we weren't even going to go to see this house because it was out of our desired location, but our realtor talked us into it. As we drove up to the house, my dad said, "I know who owns this house!" It is a pastor who recently relocated to Pennsylvania. The moment Matt stepped into the foyer and smelled the brand new carpet and fresh paint, he fell in love with the house. It is squeeky clean and neutral throughout...no wallpaper in sight! We put in our offer Saturday evening, and it was accepted Sunday afternoon. There was an open house there Sunday, so we took the fam to walk through our new house and sign some papers. Here are some photos (thanks, Jen, for the camera). For some reason the photo of my new office won't load, so the only rooms you can't see are the office, the downstairs play area (off of the office), the garage & utility room. You're not missing much.

4 comments:

Jess said...

I love it, I love it, I love it!!! How cute is that?! I love the angles in the rooms and the dormers. I can't wait to visit you in your new home! :) I love the artsy detail on the photos too... :)

The Fiskeaux Family said...

Oh, congratulations!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys! Of course it has to have a secret passage, naturally. ;)

Larimer said...

How exciting!!!! Yeah!! Now Lil' Lilly will be just down thte street. When are you moving in?? I need to set up a play date!!

Andrea said...

Yea :)! Kate, it looks great! Does the secret door go to Lilly's room...?

(How do you get all the cool stuff on your photos like that?)

I bought the book you suggested right after Dan and I were married, mostly for the purpose of NOT getting pregnant. But now that we want to, I have gone back to re-read through some of it to see about reversing my mind :). This has been the first month that we've really been "trying" (aren't you so excited to know ...), and I'm a little nervous. I'll be officially late tomorrow, but I was so excited, I've already taken 2 tests on two different days. Nothing yet :(. Each month when I find out that I'm not, I get pretty disappointed. Maybe I'm broken :) ? We'll see! I just have to keep trusting God's timeliness!

Thanks again for the recommendation, though! I hope to bring you good news soon! Enjoy your new house!

<3 Andi