Thursday, May 21, 2009

Book it!

I know, I know...I'm really late to get on the bandwagon that is The Shack, but I'm telling you...all those people who said that this book is great were absolutely RIGHT! I read it about a week ago, in one day...in one sitting. I find myself still drawing upon the story in my walk with Christ and especially when I am talking to others about how we as people relate to God. If you haven't read it yet, read The Shack today! It's even on sale at http://www.christianbook.com/ for $9.



While you're buying one good book, how 'bout you add this one to your shopping cart while you're at it?! I LOVE C.S. Lewis' writing, and The Great Divorce is an amazing book! Get it, read it, do it NOW!
I love to read, and you should too.
I also recommend:
-The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis
-The entire Chronicles of Heaven series by Gene Edwards
-Anything by Janette Oke (I'm a sucker for historical fiction!)
-To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
-1984 by George Orwell (holla at me, high school required reading!)
-The Babysitter's Club series by Ann M. Martin (I totally wanted to be Claudia Kishi when I was a young babysitter-wannabe!)
-The entire Left Behind series by Tim LaHaye & Jerry Jenkins
-Anything written by David Crowder
The book that garners my highest reccomendation, by far, is THE BIBLE. If you only read one thing...read this one! (I like reading my Zondervan NIV Study Bible, my NLT Life Application Study Bible, and my Message: Remix the best.)
And, in honor of Jen's children's book list, here are a few that Lilly cannot live without:
-The Biscuit series by Alyssa Satin Capucilli. About a little yellow puppy.
-The Fancy Nancy series by Jane O'Connor. About a very fancy little girl who loves to dress up and say things like, "My family is so posh!"
-The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones. We read it every day at mealtime. Lilly's favorite stories are when Gabriel visits Mary and when Jesus brings the dead girl to life.

2 comments:

ODCFkids said...

holla at cha books....

Khara Brooks said...

The Great Divorce is one of my favorites. I heard about The Shack on the radio one time. I'll have to see if the library has any copies.