Saturday, May 16, 2009

le Riverwalk. ooh la la.

(double click on the picture above to see it larger)

Last week, we met Jen & Sally at the Riverwalk for our weekly jaunt from Central Park to Kamm Island and back. Lilly LOVED having Lydia along for company. We really bonded while sticking together to keep the ferocious geese at bay. (The last time Jen & I went for our walk the geese were so imtimidating that we actually left the Riverwalk and took a side street for about a quarter of the walk. Hey, I don't want to get nipped by one of those beasts!) If you want to join us on our walk each week, we meet at Central Park by the playground each Monday at 10:45 and walk for about an hour. Some weeks I get there around 10:30 so Lilly can play for a bit before we walk.After we said our goodbyes to Sally & Lydia, Jen & I took our kiddos to the "liberry." I checked out a few books written for people over the age of 12, and Jen checked out a few books written for preschoolers. Hmmm. The walk up the hill to the library from the park was killer on my calves, but I made it. (I even ran pushing the double stroller up the hill to make the pain end sooner. Poor Jen and the awful view of my rear end running up the hill in fron of her!) Ireally enjoy our Monday morning get-togethers. I needed the motivation to get up an accomplish something on Mondays. I used to really struggle getting back into the swing of things after our busy Sundays, but now I actually have MOTIVATION!!! It's a great thing. So, seriously, I you want to hang out with 2 of the coolest stay-at-home mommies around, join us on Mondays!

4 comments:

kaleytaylor said...

Hi. Kate? Will you promise that you'll still be doing this in the fall? Because then I'd love for me and Avalon to join you :)

shannon said...

okay okay you twisted my arm.

Khara Brooks said...

I may be able to join you guys sometime. My playgroup joins on Mondays, but word has it we're switching things up for the summer.

Alicia said...

What a blessing to have good friends close by who also stay at home! My best friend from high school (the Texas years) is moving into a house that's just 2 streets away in June, and I think we're going to have to start up a Monday walk Texas-style (translation: between the hours of midnight and 8am before it gets too darn hot that our skin would melt off should we choose to do anything outdoors). =)