Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Our Christmas at home...

We celebrated our Christmas on the 19th with Jude & Lilly. We woke up to a white Christmas, and Lilly and Daddy had a good time looking at the falling snow. Then we opened presents before heading off to my parent's house for the Chaput Christmas. For a number of reasons, the kids only get a stocking from us (we don't do Santa). This year, Judah got "Bear-Bear" and a dump truck (Lilly insisted that he get one...it didn't fit in the stocking, but he didn't know the difference!). Lilly got a Mulan barbie, some Barbie/Ken clothes (so her dolls don't look like hoochies), and a 3D viewer (she really wanted new "beenokalars", but I couldn't find any, so this was the closest thing). All in all, we had a good time, and Matt and I think we have the best kiddos around! I should note that we celebrate the birth of Christ year round, and in December we do a couple special things that I didn't bring a camera to: We took Lilly to Andrew Peterson's Behold the Lamb of God tour in Kokomo (our new annual tradition--if you haven't been to this concert, you NEED to go...make a point to go next year!) and we attend our church's Christmas Eve Candlelight service each year. I think next year will be the year we start having the kids dress up and act out the nativity story at Christmas just like me and my siblings/cousins did as kids! Merry Christmas, and Happy Birthday, Jesus!

No comments: