Saturday, January 03, 2009

Lindsborg: The Tourist Capital of McPherson County

On Monday, Matt & I, Ann & Andrew, and our cousin Kelsey strapped on our cameras and set out for Lindsborg, the town I lived in before we moved to Kentucky. We walked around town and took pictures of everything while I reminisced about the good ol' days. Here's the link to the entire Facebook album.The best part of the excursion for me was when I got up the courage to knock on the door of my old house and ask the owners if I could walk through it. I took Ann on a tour down memory lane in that house. She didn't remember much, but it was a neat experience for me. The owners were very nice and I am glad to know that they will be restoring the house since it's been sitting unmaintained for almost 20 years now. I even got to walk through the woods in the back yard and I found the old trees that Nic & I (& a whole bunch of friends) played in when we were kids. I have so many good memories of that place...it was good to go back. When Matt & I were looking for a house a couple years back, I found myself looking for houses that reminded me of the one in Lindsborg. Never did find one. I thought it would be weird to take pictures of someone else's house, so I left the camera in the car. This will have to do...

No comments: